Reserve an Outdoor Program van or State Motor Pool vehicle for your trip.
Before the Trip
- Get your UO driver's certification.
- Complete a van training session. Schedule your training session with the OP. These steps take time, so plan ahead!
- Check out the van key packet. Get this from the OP Barn during rental hours.
- Complete a trip waiver. Leave it in the OP Barn.
- If necessary, notify OP staff of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise you will be charged for the time you reserved.
- Complete an itinerary. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, and text a copy to the on-call phone at 541-517-6367.
Credit cards are provided and should be used for fuel, vehicle supplies, and repairs. Make sure this state card is never used for a private vehicle.
If emergency cash purchases are necessary for vehicle supplies, make sure to get a receipt. Bring the receipt to the OP office and fill out a form for reimbursement. You will subtract the amount of the cash payment off the total due for the van.
Repairs and Problems
Use the supplied credit cards for any minor repairs or parts. For major repairs, please call the State Motor Pool or Outdoor Program for directions.
Both OP and state vehicles are covered by the State of Oregon self insurance with a $5,000 deductible. This deductible must be covered by the group using the van. There is an accident packet in the door pocket on vans, and in the glove box in other vehicles.
If you will be using a trailer, make sure the van you get has a hitch and ball. Sometimes the removable ball part of the hitch is under the drivers seat. OP trailers require a two inch ball.
Special Equipment on the OP Van
- Lock box on the front bumper containing a tool kit, chains, jack, flares, jumper cables, etc. This is also a good place to lock valuables.
- Snow shovel on the roof and bag of gravel in the back during the winter. Studded snow tires and chains are also available.