Banff Mountain Film Festival is back and will take place at 7:00 p.m. on April 25 and 26 at the McDonald Theater. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets are $11 for U of O Students, and $15 for community members purchased ahead of time at UO Ticket Office, McDonald Theater, REI, Tactics, and Backcountry Gear, or $12 for U of O Students and $16 for community when purchased at the door. Ticket sales open now!
Tuesday, April 25
DreamRide (5 min)
- Enter a dream world where the trail never ends. Where the promise of joy and freedom exist around each bend. Take a magical trip through beautiful landscapes and join us on this DreamRide, a mountain bike adventure unlike any other.
Great Siberian Traverse (28 min)
- All aboard for the adventure of a lifetime, a 1,200-kilometre ski journey through Russia, along the Trans-Siberian Railway. We’ll stumble upon a fringe backcountry skiing community, deep Siberian powder, and skiing's ancient origins.
Packing It Out (4 min)
- Follow the guys from the “Packing It Out” crew as they pick up litter – and inspire everyone they meet – along the Pacific Crest Trail.
Four Mums in a Boat (30 min)
- When four middle-aged working British mums announced they wanted to row the Atlantic Ocean, their families thought they had lost their minds.
Poumaka (15 min)
- With hopes of summiting the elusive Poumaka Tower, American bouldering champion, Angie Payne, leaves everything she knows behind as she ventures deep into the French Polynesian jungle with veteran climber and explorer, Mike Libecki.
For the Love (14 min)
- When you want to make first descents, you have to push the limits of what’s possible and what’s known as you explore the most difficult and remote whitewater in the world.
Dog Power (25 min)
- Get a fascinating view of the world of dog-powered sports and the special bond between dogs and their humans. Both share a passion for living, working and playing together outside in different forms of the sled-dog and musher relationship.
Metronomic (5 min)
- High above the Gorges du Verdon, a skillful blend of artists and high-level balancing athletes play a high energy symphony devoted to risk. It’s a hymn that melds visual performance and contemplative poetry into pure entertainment.
Wednesday, April 26
Max Your Days (4 min)
- Summer solstice on Canada’s West Coast – the possibilities are endless!
Iran: A Skier's Journey (12 min)
- Cautioned not to travel to Iran, skiers Chad Sayers and Forrest Coots decide to go, regardless. They find comfort, bedazzlement, and a surprisingly cool ski culture.
Ace and the Desert Dog (9 min)
- For his 60th birthday, adventure photographer Ace Kvale and his dog, Genghis Khan, set out on a 60-day trek in Utah’s canyon country.
Sea Gypsies (46 min)
- The vessel is Infinity, a 120-ft hand-built sailing ketch, crewed by a community of wanderers. The journey – a 12,800-kilometre Pacific crossing from New Zealand to Patagonia, with a stop in Antarctica, weather permitting. This film epitomizes the spirit of adventure.
The Accord (19 min)
- Being so far removed from the hustle and bustle of the tropical surf world hardens Iceland’s surfers to confront the harsh reality they all must face – that old and unforgiving North Atlantic wind.
The Perfect Flight (5 min)
- When some neighborhood kids gave Shawn Hayes an abandoned red-tailed hawk chick, it launched him on a lifelong journey into the medieval traditions of falconry.
The Super Salmon (25 min)
- Those who plan to construct a hydroelectric mega-dam on Alaska’s Susitna River say it wouldn’t affect the salmon runs because of its location – upstream of where fish usually swim. Tell that to the Super Salmon.
Danny MacAskill's Wee Day Out (6 min)
- Want to see what Danny MacAskill does on his day off? Explore the rural landscape around Edinburgh in a film that sets out to capture the simple fun of a ride in the country with moments of incredible riding and a touch of humour.