Click here to download the UO Outdoor Program job application.
We are currently hiring for the positions of bike mechanic and social media coordinator.
Social Media Coordinator
Working at the Outdoor Program (OP) is a great experience that helps students gain the professional experience they need to succeed after graduation while exploring all things outdoor oriented.
All OP Jobs require the following:
• Self motivation, maturity, good sense of humor
• Ability to get along with diverse employees & clients
• Handling of cash transactions for event sign-ups and OP memberships
• Mac Computer Skills
• Valid Oregon drivers license and good driving record
• Work Study Certified Preferred but not required
We expect 10-15 hours of work a week. A valid Oregon Drivers License and a good driving record is a must. These specific duties and descriptions are in addition to the more general and normal activities that go on daily.
The general activities include:
• Answering phones
• Greeting the public, answering questions and directing them to the right resource
• Running errands
• Coordinating on-campus OP events
• Identifying what needs to be done, and doing it
• Weekly mandatory staff meeting
Working at the OP has been the highlight of scores of student’s experience at the University. Many careers have been started and many lifelong friendships formed. We are confident that these are the best student jobs on campus, period.
Successful employees have had these traits:
• Love of the out-of-doors and interested in going on outings
• Skills in self direction, motivation and innovation
• Desire to learn new skills and concepts
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Good sense of humor
• Outgoing, enjoy interacting with clients and staff
We encourage our staff to explore new ideas, skills, sports, and life styles. We try to create an atmosphere of support, respect and shared responsibility in hopes that you will take a leadership role and take the initiative to make the OP yours. To accommodate that we expect honesty, learning, growth and quality work. Talk to us if this is what you are looking for.
-The UO Outdoor Program Staff
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Work Study
How to Apply:
Pick-up an application at the Outdoor Program Barn at 18th and University (1225 E. 18th Ave), or print one off with the link at the top of the page. Drop off completed application and cover letter at the Outdoor Program Barn. Please include your resume. We will be conducting ongoing interviews.
We encourage our staff to explore new ideas, skills, sports, and life styles. We try to create an atmosphere of support, respect, and shared responsibility. We expect honesty, learning, growth and quality work. Talk to us if this is what you are looking for and interested in joining the team.